The Weather Network and MétéoMédia are Canada’s only English and French specialty channels devoted to Canada’s favourite topic of conversation - the weather! Weather reports on The Weather Network and MétéoMédia touch on a variety of topics:
- Weather: Current conditions, short-term and long-term forecast information, UV, pollen and air quality reports.
- Travel: Highway conditions and sunshine destination forecasts.
- Home and Garden: Lawn and garden forecasts and gardening tips.
- Activities : Ski & Snowboard conditions, The Great Outdoors, The Facts of Fishing.
- The Weather Network and MétéoMédia both rank as the No. 1 Canadian choice for the best weather forecasts on television.1
- The Weather Network’s programming is 100% Canadian – with more than 17,000 hours of original Canadian content broadcast every year.
- Nationally, The Weather Network and MétéoMédia are available in over 10 million households representing 99 percent of Canadian cable and satellite subscribers, making it among the most widely distributed television services, as well as the most frequently consulted networks in Canada.2
- The Weather Network and MétéoMédia reach an average of 9 million Canadians on TV every week.3
1TVQ 2007, an independent survey of Canadian television viewing patterns
2MediaStats August 2008
3BBM/Nielsen Media Research