The websites, theweathernetwork.com and meteomedia.com, are among Canada’s leading web services. Using the sites allows Canadians to access:
- The most up-to-date forecast information for more than 5,000 cities in Canada, the US and around the world, as well as detailed radar and satellite maps.
- Road and highway conditions on interactive maps using Microsoft Virtual Earth, road construction, traffic cameras as well as traffic flow.
- Comprehensive golf reports for more than 17,000 courses, conditions for over 900 ski and snowboard resorts, viewer submitted videos and photos, video-on-demand, plus seasonal forecasts and more…
- 7 free customized email services delivered directly to subscribers:
- SchoolDayDirect: To help dress children for the weather.
- WarningsDirect: Weather alerts when severe weather is forecasted.
- WeatherDirect: Daily forecasts to help Canadians plan their day with information for thousands of local and international cities.
- BugsDirect: Bug forecasts to plan outdoor activities in the summer.
- PollenDirect: Helps keep allergy sufferers informed of pollen concentrations.
- MarineDirect: Tips for safe boating before setting sail.
- FluDirect: Flu activity reports.
- theweathernetwork.com and meteomedia.com are the top weather websites in Canada, with an average of 5.2 million and 2 million unique visitors per month respectively and theweathernetwork.com is consistently ranked as the top news and information site in the country.1
1ComScore Media Metrix